Saturday, April 4, 2009

20 pounds is a huge deal

I know I said I wouldn't weigh everyday, but as of this morning, I have lost 20 whole pounds! I actually feel like this is going to happen for me. My body is letting go of the fat, and it's doing so in a healthy manner. I think it is working so well for me because I want this. Example, yesterday DeAndre and I went to Texas Road House for dinner. I new before hand what I could have, I even brought my own dressing and a piece of melba toast for my salad. I had a 6 oz steak (no steak sauce which actually made the steak taste that much better) as well. Well you know the server brings out those yummy rolls. You know the ones, with the slightly sweet butter. Mmmm...I was able to resist, while DeAndre ate them. I just kept saying to myself, "I have been working too hard to mess up on some rolls." I have to think like that. Like that kind of food is a drug. I've been sober from it for almost 3 weeks, and I am hopeful that when I get to stabilization, I want fall back into the same old habits. I will beat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment